WHACK & ROLL Nonprofit Invitational Croquet Tournament
May 30 and 31, 2014
Join the Fun!
Saturday’s May 31 Nonprofit Invitational Tournament competition benefits area nonprofit organizations. All teams will play for area nonprofit organizations.
Twenty-three nonprofit organizations are registered to send two teams of two persons to play in the Nonprofit Invitational Croquet Tournament on May 31. In addition, independent teams of two persons also may register to play for one of the participating nonprofit organizations.
Prizes for Nonprofit Organizations:
First Place – $5,000
Second Place – $2,500 sponsored by Detweiler, Hershey & Associates, P.C.
Third Place – $1,250 sponsored by Compass Ion Advisors, LLC
Fourth through Sixth Place – $500 each sponsored by Everence
Seventh through Ninth Place – $500
Nonprofit Community Partner: Bergey’s Inc. will donate $500 to each of the nonprofit organizations that register.
Senior Amateur Division Croquet Tournament: On Friday, May 30, seniors 60 and older are invited to compete for a Senior Traveling Trophy that will be on display throughout the next year at the retirement community or senior community center of the winner’s choice. Entry Fee $20 per team and includes lunch.
Survivor Croquet Tournament for Senior High Youth Groups: New for 2014 – On Saturday afternoon, May 31, local senior high youth groups are invited to compete for prize money towards their upcoming service/mission trips. Survivor Croquet is a fast-paced croquet game played in 20 minute rounds. Entry fee is $25 per team of 6 players and a visit to the Mennonite Heritage Center during 2014.
Click here for the WHACK & ROLL page with full information about the event and photos from 2013
Schedule: Click here for a complete schedule of all tournaments
- Friday, May 30 ~ Senior Amateur Division Croquet Tournament. Preliminary rounds Friday morning; semi-final and championship rounds Friday afternoon
- Friday, May 30 ~ Reception on the Lawn outdoor banquet and musical entertainment by John Schmid, Friday evening. Tickets required – click here for tickets.
- Saturday, May 31 ~ Nonprofit Invitational Croquet Tournament. Preliminary rounds Saturday morning; quarter-final, semi-final and championship rounds Saturday afternoon
- Saturday, May 31 ~ Survivor Croquet Tournament for Senior High Youth Groups. Saturday afternoon
- Spectators welcome for all croquet tournaments – bring your lawn chairs
- Saturday breakfast available for $5 for both players and spectators
- Saturday lunch is included for registered players and is available for spectators for $10
Nonprofit Organizations registered for the 2014 Tournament:
- Boys and Girls Club of Indian Valley
- Bridge of Hope BuxMont
- Christopher Dock Mennonite High School
- Community Home Services
- Delaware Valley MEDA
- Franconia Mennonite Conference
- Frederick Living
- Grand View Hospital
- Historic RittenhouseTown
- Joni and Friends
- Keystone Opportunity Center
- Living Branches
- Living Hope Farm
- MCC Material Resource Center of Harleysville
- Manna on Main Street
- Penn Foundation
- Penn View Christian School
- Peter Becker Community
- Philadelphia Mennonite High School
- Quakertown Christian School
- Rockhill Mennonite Community
- Spruce Lake Retreat
- Ten Thousand Villages
Proceeds benefit the Mennonite Heritage Center, Harleysville, Pa. For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 215-256-3020.
The WHACK & ROLL Nonprofit Invitational Croquet Tournament is a tournament professionally managed by Croquet Your Way, LLC.