Fantastic event rental with rustic charm: an historic barn with new construction and amenities on the grounds of the Mennonite Heritage Center in Harleysville
Imagine being the hero of your family, office, or organization by booking this newly available rental for your celebration at introductory rates. Our 19th century German bank barn was moved from Hilltown Township to the campus of the Mennonite Heritage Center in 2013. The historic core and stone were carefully reconstructed by craftsmen adding new materials to enhance the old. The barn itself is a historic treasure. Other agricultural and domestic artifacts are displayed, adding an old homestead feel–without the smells, stains, or dirt of a working barn. As an historical preservation society, we do our best to keep the barn as authentic as possible. There is full electric and lighting, but only limited heat and no air conditioning. Please take this into consideration when choosing a season for your event.
With the recently installed stairway and accessible lift connecting the two floors, the barn is now approved for public use. It will be a beautiful palette for your big day:
- 2400 square feet of rental space upstairs, another 800 below
- Space can be used for weddings, receptions, family gatherings, business meetings, or church celebrations–the options are endless.
- Beautiful lawn bordered by a cornfield for tent set up and outdoor activities
- Clean and fresh–no old smells as with a working barn
- Antique farm implements add genuine touch and provide great setting for photos
- Ample paved parking–no need to park your guests in grass, mud or on a narrow road
- Indoor restrooms available
- Croquet lawn and equipment available for your guests’ enjoyment
- Special pricing for nonprofits and free first-time use for conference-related ministries!
- Weekday rates available
- Alcohol use policy is beer and wine only as served by a licensed caterer.
To book, contact The Mennonite Heritage Center, 215.256.3020.
This approved caterer also has access to show you the barn: