Home

  • SearchCollections1-31-14
    Search our collections online
  • ArtifactOfTheWeek2015-3-23
    Artifact of the week: Fraktur bookplate for Jacob Leatherman, Deep Run, Bucks County, 1896. Gift of Catherine & Elizabeth Frederick. -- Fraktur production largely ceased when Pennsylvania common schools replaced parochial German-language schools in the 1830s, but it persisted in some places, especially if a community (such as the Mennonites of Deep Run) maintained a German Saturday or Sunday School to teach their children the language still used in worship until the early 1900s. The MHC holds several examples of mid-to-late 19th century fraktur.
  • Decorated Towel
    Pennsylvania German Textile Project
  • workshops
    Traditional Arts Workshops
  • Nyce Barn Project
    Help with our historic barn reconstruction. Click the image for information and more photos.
  • MHC building
    Visit us at 565 Yoder Road, Harleysville, PA

Welcome to the Mennonite Heritage Center

The Mennonite Heritage Center, 565 Yoder Road, Harleysville, Pa. is a museum and historical library dedicated to preserving and sharing the stories of Mennonite faith and life in eastern Pennsylvania. Mennonite Christians first settled in the Delaware Valley in 1683 and have been part of eastern Pennsylvania’s community and religious life for over 300 years. You are invited to visit the heritage center to see changing exhibits, use our historical library and take part in events, programs and workshops throughout the year.

For more information on the Mennonite Church, click here.

To view the current issue of the Mennonite Historians of Eastern Pennsylvania Quarterly, click here.
Feature article: “Some Words for Living History” by John L. Ruth

To search our collection of artifacts, photos, archives and books, click here.